THE BRUSH DUMP . . .
is operated by the
Oracle Firewise Board and Oracle Fire District.
THE BRUSH DUMP IS NOW OPEN!
See our home page for details!
BRUSH DUMP NORMAL HOURS OF OPERATION:
Key exchange now takes place at front window.
Note that the Brush Dump normal schedule will now be closed on Sundays and Mondays as well as holidays!
OFD BRUSH DUMP UPDATED POLICIES & PROCEDURES
AS OF FEB. 4, 2022:
• Use of the brush dump is limited to vegetation removed from properties within Oracle Fire District.
• As always, only tree & shrub trimmings, grass cuttings, and leaves are accepted. Tree trunks over 10” in diameter, tree stumps, cactus, agaves, or yuccas are NOT accepted as they do not burn completely. NO trash, lumber or construction materials, pallets, etc.
• Hours of operation are Tuesday through Saturday. 8am- 5pm (last key check out at 4:45pm).
• We are now closed on Sundays and Mondays and all Holidays.
• The key will NOT be given to anyone without proof of residency or a permit.
• Non-compliance with any policies or procedures may result in permission to use the brush dump being revoked.
• Proof of residency (Driver License, utility bill, or property tax document) that shows that you own property within Oracle Fire District or are renting is required to complete a resident form and to obtain permits.
• New resident forms will only be issued by the OFD administrative staff, front office of the fire station, Mon-Thurs 8am-4pm, and Friday mornings 8am-noon.
• If you cannot make it to OFD during these admin. hours, email either Tina at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cherie at email@example.com or call 520-896-2980 during admin. hours for alternative methods.
• Once an Oracle resident form is completed, they will be issued a Resident card with their name and number, which can be shown at the front office for the brush dump key.
• For an Oracle resident using a contractor to haul their brush, a sheet of 5 “permits"with your name and Resident ID # will be issued. The resident will be required to complete each permit with their name and phone number. When needed, the resident will fill in the contractor’s name and phone number on the permit and give one permit to them. More permits may be issued on a case-by-case basis.
• The resident will show their card, or the contractor will give the permit to the person at the front window of the OFD station, and will be required to pay the appropriate fee . . .
• $5 for one load – back of truck OR trailer
• $10 for two loads – back of truck AND trailer
• $20 for a dump truck.
Note: EXACT CHANGE IS REQUIRED!
Can't take it to the local OFD Brush Dump?
Materials (like cactus, agaves, large tree stumps, construction lumber, etc) can be taken to our local Waste Management location using a Pinal County Voucher . . .
PINAL COUNTY VOUCHERS 2022 . . .
WASTE VOUCHER DISPOSAL PROGRAM
Many residents have been inquiring about the most recent Waste Voucher Disposal Program through Pinal County. If you cannot open the application poster, please call 520-866-6419 or email them at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ORACLE BRUSH DUMP – Over the last few years, the amount of brush being dumped has increased dramatically. We’ve even seen brush coming up from as far as Tucson and Marana, which has overwhelmed our little community resources. Please see our most recent policies and procedures below. Want to get rid of materials you can't take to the brush dump? See information on Pinal County Vouchers above.
BRUSH DUMP HISTORY . . .
LATEST BRUSH BURN: On Wednesday, April 15, 2020 the brush at the dump was burned successfully.
After seeing the piles start to build up, our long-awaited burn at the Oracle Brush Dump occurred in July 2014 and It was a very manageable fire. The brush burned much slower than predicted it would; we actually had to encourage fire growth by torching out ahead of the fire. Humidity in the 30% to 40% range is ideal burning conditions and we are currently at 40%. We had 23 Department of Corrections Wildland Firefighters watching over the fire, plus our OFD on-duty crew. We had a complete burn and met all objectives. Shown here is Oracle and Florence Wildland crews working together to burn brush at the Oracle Firewise Brush Dump.
Note we are presently updating this sign
at the Brush Dump with the latest hours,
information and policies.